anti adj : not in favor of (an action or proposal etc.) [ant: pro]
EtymologyTreatment of the prefix anti- as an adjective
- a UK /ˈæn.ti/, /"
Anti may refer to:
- Anti (mythology), was the ferryman who carried Isis to Set's island in Egyptian mythology.
- Anti, or Campa, a tribe of South American Indians.
- ANTI-, American record label.
- Antiparticle, a particle with the same mass but opposite charges in particle physics.
- Anti addition in organic chemistry
- Anti, a punk rock band from the 1980s
- ANTi-http://www.anti-tees.com, American t-shirt company
- ANTI - Contemporary Art Festival, a yearly international live-art festival held in Kuopio, Finland.
anti in Danish: Anti
anti in German: Anti
anti in Japanese: アンチ
adversary, adversative, adverse, adversive, alien, antagonistic, antipathetic, antithetic, antonymous, at cross-purposes, balancing, clashing, compensating, competitive, con, conflicting, confronting, contradictory, contradistinct, contrapositive, contrarious, contrary, contrasted, converse, counter, counterbalancing, counterpoised, countervailing, cross, dead against, disaccordant, discordant, discrepant, dissentient, enemy, eyeball to eyeball, fractious, hostile, inconsistent, inimical, inverse, negative, noncooperative, obstinate, obverse, opponent, opposed, opposing, opposite, oppositional, oppositive, oppugnant, overthwart, perverse, recalcitrant, refractory, repugnant, reverse, rival, squared off, uncooperative, unfavorable, unfriendly, unpropitious